Let’s talk about what we need to prepare for all our canning adventures. Canning food is a long process that is very detail oriented. Surprisingly for someone who has ADD, me, I get it and it just works. Don’t ask! Ok focus, so here we we’ll get down and dirty on all the goods you need for almost every canning project. This is a quick list and reference check for your canning sessions before you start.
If y’all want a more in-depth post about what you need an why head on over here.
Quick Reference list:
1. Depending on your project get your correct canner going first thing. That means, fill with appropriate amount of water and start heating that bad boy up.
2. Bring out all your utensils.
3. Get all your jars, lids and rings. Have them already washed, sanitized and ready to go. (Remember, when using the water bath canner, your jars must be sanitized before use. When using a pressure canner, they just need to be washed. The canner will sanitize them through the process.)
4. Get a paper towel ready to go.
5. Get a bowl and put your lids in.
6. Lube up your lid, if using a pressure canner. I find using coconut oil doesn’t leave my canner sticky.
7. Get a towel ready on the counter where the filled jars will stay for a full 24 hours.
8. Start some music up.
9. Put on a fun apron.
10. Have fun.
That’s it y’all! I wish you luck and fun on your canning session.
Do you want to start a homestead?
Download our eBook and learn 15 easy skills that will get you 15 steps closer to your dream of homesteading.
Download Your eBook