Sinus rinse time
I know what you are thinking, sinus rinse? I’m telling you, it’s the way to go to clear out all the nastiness out of your nasal passage and sinuses. Our sinuses connect to our immune system and when that becomes compromised by viruses, infections, allergies, or even dust our immune systems begin to weaken. Washing out our nasal passage can help build our immune system and knock out anything that is trying to weaken it.
Now before we continue, because I know what you are going to be thinking at the end, I want you to have a clear open mind about what I am going to suggest. It works, you have to trust it. Do I have you wondering what this is all about?
Okay lets dive in….
First thing is first, we got this method from YouTube channel “Bullet Proof” so if things get a little dicey check out the video.
Okay now lets dive in….
Here is what you need:
- Good size bowl full of warm water. DO NOT USE TAP WATER. Use filtered water or distilled water.
- Xylitol. Xylitol inhibits bacteria from sticking to your teeth and sinuses. (It can also help cure an ear infection.) Be sure to use Xylitol made from hard wood trees, you can find it in most health food stores. Do not substitute for any other sweeteners.
- Iodine. Any type will work, iodine surgical scrub can be used as well but may cause slight burning.
- Sea salt. We use Celtic Sea Salt. This ingredient is super important, you see, salt inhibits the growth of bacteria in water. So be sure not to skimp out on this step.
Directions: (now, this is not exact science, just toss it all together and get it done)
- Heat up the water so that is is lukewarm temperature.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of Xylitol.
- 1-3 drops of iodine, Sometimes we do 4-5 drops because we like to live on the edge.
- Add a sprinkle of salt (I know those of you out there want exact but I don’t have exact, just sprinkle that sh!t in)
- Mix it up like a mo fo until it dissolves, we don’t want any ingredients to not be apart of this whole experience.
- Added bonuses is you’re feeling spicy, grapefruit seed extract, which is a wonder antimicrobial and Colloidal Silver, which is an antibacterial, antiviral and an anti inflammatory.
- Now, first you want to lean your face forward into the bowl of water and open your eyes, don’t worry it won’t burn. Blink a few time. This will allow all these wonderful ingredients to stop any infection that could be brewing. You see it is all connected, around each eye there is a network of bacteria, fungus and yeast that grows. This triggers your immune system.
- Ok, now lean your head forward back into the bowl of goodness you just made, and suck the water in through your nose. Lift your head out of the water, the water will travel to your throat, open your throat and spit it out into the sink. Keeping your head down the whole time allows for all this to happen properly. Do not stand up until you’re done.
- Repeat this a few time. Suck in the water through your nose, spit it out in the sink.
I know what you are thinking, I CAN’T DO THAT!!
This is a sure way to knock out any cold or flu that may be starting to brew. This method is better than a neti pot or saline spray. Do this on the onset of a cold or flu or daily to maintain your immune system.
Happy Sinus Rinsing!
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item we suggest through the link we provide, we get a small commission at no additional cost to you.