So come to find out these “seeded apples” are absolutely amazing for you. I mean, we all kinda figured. Pomegranate is an incredible little fruit that contains tiny little seeds. Around the seeds are ruby colored juicy pieces of fruit. If you have ever tried to enjoy a pomegranate, I’m sure you’ve discovered they can be extremely messy. If you have never had a pomegranate, they can be extremely messy. We are going to be juicing a pomegranate today people. And even though it was incredibly tedious, I really enjoyed the whole process. It was actually relaxing.
Ok, so why are we juicing a pomegranate?
Well, like mentioned before if you have ever tried to enjoy a pomegranate it can be messy and frustrating. Plus, eating the seeds, although super good for you can get a little bla. So why not learn how to juice the mutha f-er and get all the incredible benefits that way.
What’s so great about a pomegranate?
This post is about juicing the damn things, so I’m just going to touch lightly on the benefits.
* High in antioxidants: The amount of antioxidants that are present in a pomegranate can actually reduce the risk of cancer. There is what is called natural aromatase inhibitors, which actually decrease estrogen in the body. This can actually protect against breast cancer.
* Promotes memory and mental function.
Do you want to start a homestead?
Download our eBook and learn 15 easy skills that will get you 15 steps closer to your dream of homesteading.
Download Your eBook
* Helps protect against heart disease.
I encourage you to dive deeper into how amazing this fruit is.
On to juicing!
1. First things first slap on an apron y’all. These little suckers can spray a beautiful deep red juice that will stain like a……… (insert your choice of profanity)
2. Fill a bowl with water.
3. Score the outside of the pomegranate with a sharp knife into fours. Do not cut all the way through. You just want to cut enough to where you can break it apart.
4. Dip the whole pomegranate into the bowl of water and break it apart. Once you have a quarter of the fruit apart, gently rub off the seeds. The white skin will float and the seeds will sink.
5. Drain out the water using a strainer. And pour seeds into a blender.
6. Blend gently for about 30 seconds. The point here is to break the juice off of the seed. You do not want to grind the seed.
7. Use a mesh strainer, place over a bowl and pour your pulp and seeds through.
You should be left with a beautiful deep red juice that is absolutely delicious.
The fresh juice should last in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
You can pressure can the juice to add a much longer shelf life without using refrigeration.
Or you can fill mason jars leave about an inch of head space and freeze it. I choose this method.
There it is my friends. Fresh pomegranate juice that is insanely good for you.
Dont forget to follow a homie. You’ll receive an email when a new post is available.