9 ways to use essential oils around the house…
Essential oils are an incredible resource for health and well being. They can be used in more ways than your than your pretty little brain probably realizes. I get it, the word essential oil sounds kinda hooky. Every time someone asks me a health question or a suggestion, the word essential oil comes out of my mouth and I see them slightly roll their eyes. But seriously people, I wouldn’t be yapping about it if I did not freaking believe in them.
I wanted to yap about 9 ways you can use essential oils around your house.
If you haven’t read about our previous devil pup, by all means mosey on over here to read about her and this awesome dog shampoo I made.
- In a glass bottle, fill half with distilled water and half white vinegar.
- Add 20-30 drops of lemon essential oil.
Lemon will not only clean your glass it will help neutralize the smell of the vinegar. As well as, provide an invigorating and uplifting smell. And who doesn’t need that while cleaning!
I use this bad boy and let me tell ya, it is fan-freaking-tastic. Once I am done mopping the floors I just throw the mop part in the wash and BAM, no mop mess to deal with afterward.
- Since it has a water reservoir, I like to fill it with half water and half white vinegar.
- Then I add 10 drops of Onguard, 10 drops lemongrass and 10 drops tangerine and 10 drops of grapefruit.
The combination smells heavenly and Onguard helps protect against seasonal threats.
After brushing and flossing I like to fill my mouth up with water and I add 1 drop peppermint, 1 drop frankincense and 1 drop of myrrh. Peppermint freshens your breath while frankincense and myrrh provide support with oral health issues such as tooth decay, cavities and oral infections.
Sounds kind of obvious but hey I gotta say it. Diffusing oils can do so much for your mental state, as well as, your overall well being.
My favorite mood lifter is tangerine, grapefruit, wild orange and lemongrass. Add 2-4 drops of each oil for an instant mood lift. My favorite for calming is siberian fir, balance, lavender and geranium.
Holy moly, does this smell heavenly. Again just add a few drops of each oil.
You’ll want to find an oil of preference for your face. For me argon and jojoba oil are two perfect oils that blend beautifully together to give me exactly what my face needs.
- In a 1 oz dropper bottle fill a 1/4 of the way with argon oil.
- Then add 4-6 drops frankincense, 2-4 drops lavender and 2-4 drops geranium.
- Fill the rest with jojoba oil, shake and gently rub in to face.
***I use the oil cleansing method for my face. I just massage oil onto my face after a shower, then I put a hot wash cloth over it for a minute, then I gently wipe off my face. Feel free to change up your oils.
There are so many deodorant recipes out there. I wanted one that I could rub on just like a normal deodorant. This one works fantastic. However, you do have to be mindful of black shirts. It will leave a white residue.
- In a bowl combine arrowroot powder, baking soda and just enough coconut oil to allow the powders to stick together.
I have a full post here if you want to read it in detail. You can add any oil that tickles your fancy but I like to use lavender and tea tree.
Holy moly, I am in love with this wood polish. It smells absolutely heavenly and it works fantastic.
- In a glass bottle combine equal parts olive oil and white vinegar.
- Then add 5-10 drops of arborvitae, wild orange, tangerine and lemon.
- Shake that bad boy up and spray your toots off.
Linen spray or air freshener
This is a fantastic way to finish off your day of cleaning. I especially like to spray this when I change the beds. It just feels like it seals the deal.
- In a glass bottle you are going to mix 1 cup of water, 3 tbs of rubbing alcohol and 30-40 drops of lavender, geranium or any other essential oils that just puts your soul at ease.
***If y’all don’t want to make this but still want it apart of your life, mosey on over here and y’all can purchase it!
I hope you found some sort of inspiration from this post.
Essential oils can be utilized in every part of your life. This post was just how to use them around the house, I haven’t even tapped into how you can use them to reach optimal health.
Happy essential oiling y’all!
This post contains affiliate links. That means that when you purchase a product through the link I provide, Oh Sure I Can gets a small commission at no additional cost to you.