Let’s make tortilla chips in the air fryer….
Because we have been in quarantine for the last three weeks and we done run out of tortilla chips and we are super low on oil.
So, when going out to eat is out of the question, going to the store is actually quite scary these days, you have to improvise and get it done. And that is exactly what happened.
We bought an air fryer a year ago thinking we needed it, you know one of those purchases…anyway, we tried using it once and never bothered with it again.
Ok enough with the fluff, let’s make some chips people.
Making tortilla chips in the air fryer
Full disclosure… this recipe is incredibly easy, so for the sake of simplicity, we are going to keep it simple! 😉
What you will need to accomplish homemade tortilla chips:
- Corn tortillas
- Oil of choice, I used olive oil
- Air fryer
- Take a good size stack of corn tortillas (I used about 9 and it was definitely not enough for a family of four.)
- Cut your stack of tortillas to make four medium size chips. (In an x shape)
- Brush the olive oil lightly on both sides of the tortillas.
- Lay an even layer (you make have to make a few batches) of tortillas in your air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes and them flip and cook for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, place chips on a paper towel to drain off any excess oil and salt to taste.
And that is literally it my friends. Super easy and so delicious. So, next time you are out of tortilla chips don’t just accept that fact, bust out your air fryer and make some up yourself.
And while you are at it make yourself some of this delicious ice cream. Because I mean, why not!
Happy chip making!